Halloween is the best time to use your solar lanterns for decorating your pumpkin or fantastic costume ideas you are creating. There's no flame and no UV rays so it's safe for kids and you!
Fun facts about Halloween’s origins: Dates back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (pronounced sow-in). The Celts, who lived 2,000 years ago, mostly in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom and northern France, celebrated their new year on November 1.
This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death. Celts believed that on the night before the new year, the boundary between the worlds of the living and the dead became blurred. On the night of October 31 they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth.
1. ZOMBIE Light! Use the HELIX Multicolor lantern on BLUE setting and carry with you or hang around your neck to give your face and costume a blue cast making you look dead complexioned with a zombie look!
2. UNDER THE SHEETS: This costume uses the TWILIGHT or Helix light in flat pack form. Pin to your shirt. Turn it on blinking mode to have it flash or just keep on high setting to light up the cold soul of the ghost---put one on the front and back so people see you from behind and the front!
3. HEAD HORROR: Use two Twilights and set on constant RED Light or Blinking Light. Take a head band and loop through the handles to attach to your head. You can also loop a hair band through the handle and then tie it to your hair. Have a Hoodie? Then just pin the lamps to the outside of your hoodie. Put a piece of clear packing tape on the solar lamp and draw scary eyes on the lamp to give it a more Harrowing gaze!
4. IN THE PUMPKIN: An all time favorite keeps kids safe and burn free. Put the Twilight on blinking or constant red, then place inside your pumpkin to have the coolest Jack-o Lantern in the hood!
5. FUTURAMA SPACE LIGHT: This one is easy using the Multi-Color Solarpuff and you can use any of our solar lights for this. Just flatpack the lamp into the folded down position, so it's nice and compact and loop a lanyard or string through the handle of the HELIX-multicolor or the SolarPuff Multicolor lamp. Put it hanging around your neck and create a rainbow effect by using the auto-rotate setting on the multicolor light- it's the last setting before it turns off.
Have another Idea? SHOW US ON INSTAGRAM tag us @solight_design
Let us help you! Just email us at email@example.com and we will help you figure out a brilliant costume for your next Halloween party.